Monday, March 16, 2009

Nemesis Finally completed

With Spring here and the first perfect limestone conditions this year we headed off to Rubicon at water-cum-jolly in the Peak District. The sun was shining and the cool breeze kept the rock cool. There was a big crowd on kudos wall, so plenty of mats , spotters and encouragement. I hadn't really gone out with any aim in mind, other than put a rope on Caviar to look at the top move while Deb's worked on her project, but it was wet. After a shaky start and quite a few goes on Kudos (Fnt 7a), the hardest 7a in the world. So next after a rest I tried the traverse of Kudos wall , which starts up Kudos but then traverses right across some crimps and to finish on the finishing jug of the Press. On my first go I got half way across but missed the crucial crimp. But I felt strong and on my Second go I was hanging off the Finishing Jug with ease ( Fn7b). After resting and belaying Deb on her project. I thought I would try Bigger Splash Direct (Fn 7b), Normally it takes ages to pull on the first move , but I did this straight away then after a few goes it was done. So feeling strong I decided to give the Press (Fnt 7b+) a go, I have tried this on and of for a while now but never done very well on it. My first go felt OK and after couple more goes I was actually hitting the crimp which I had never done before. Then I had a go and slapped the finishing jug but not enough to hold it. So after a quick rest and the video camera out and another go saw me hit the jug and hold it. I could go home happy.

See video here

No comments: